FTVIET has started the Research Fellowship Program
By FTViet, April 10, 2019
FTViet project has started a Research Fellowship Program since 2018, with aims at creating a new generation of researchers and practitioners as well as create a database for all the research work packages of the project.
The graduate students and research fellows will receive financial supports to carry out research activities in FTViet project site, A Luoi Valley, Central Vietnam.
FTVIet's research fellow program aims at creating a new generation of Vietnamese researchers and practitioners as well as create a database for all the research work packages of the project.
Research covers a wide range of topics related to Biodiversity and Forest Ecology, Forest Degradation, Sustainable management and uses of NTFPs, Community-based forest management and protection models, potential impacts threatening forest resources, and sustainable livelihoods linked with natural resources, to name a few.
12 small-grant research projects has been approved during 2018 (as the list below)
1. Study on the origination, distribution and spreading of Merremia boisiana in Thua Thien Hue province by Nguyen Hoi, Faculty of Forestry, HUAF.
2. Study on the diversity and ecological characteristics of Dipterocarpaceae family in Thua Thien Hue province by Le Thai Hung, Faculty of Forestry, HUAF.
3. Role of gender in management and protection of community forestry in Nam Dong and A Luoi district, Thua Thien Hue province by Ngo Thi Phuong Anh, Faculty of Forestry, HUAF.
4. Using STELLA to build up a sustainable harvesting model of rattan in Nam Dong Protection Forest Management Board, Thua Thien Hue province by Ho Thanh Ha, Faculty of Forestry, HUAF.
5. Identify factors affecting forest land-use of local people: Case study in Hong Kim commune, A Luoi district, Thua Thien Hue province by Nguyen Thi Hong Mai, Faculty of Forestry, HUAF.
6. Current status and solutions to FSC implementation in Thua Thien Hue province by Le Chi Hung, Faculty of Agriculture and Extension Service, HUAF
7. Application of GIS and remote sensing to evaluate forest cover change and other socio-economic matters in the coastal area in Thua Thien Hue province by Pham Huu Ty, HUAF.
8. Study on livelihood strategies of local people in Thua Thien Hue province in the page reduction of natural resources by Duong Viet Tan, HUAF.
9. To evaluate the participation of women in protecting managing forest resources in A Luoi district, Thua Thien Hue province by Ho Thi Thu Trang, MSc student, HUAF.
10. Application of GIS in order to build up the sustainability maps for large wood plantation forest in Thua Thien Hue province by Tran Quoc Trung. MSc student, HUAF.
11. Study on the vegetation types of regeneration forest in A Luoi Protection Forest Management Board, Thua Thien Hue province by Nguyen Van Bang, Le Thanh Nang, Cao Chi Dat, Le Dac Loc, Ro Cham Y Khuyet, HUAF.
12. To evaluate the current status and solution to develop some major NTFPs in Thuong Quang commune, Nam Dong district, Thua Thien Hue province by Ho Thi Hoa, Hoang Nhu Anh, Tran Quang Nam, Le Nhu Man, HUAF.
The opportunities for doctoral, master and research projects will continue to be considered and provided technical/financial supports in the coming years. For more information about the FTViet research fellow program and registration, please visit: